Director of Promotion & Special Projects
VTN: The Victory Television Network
Little Rock, Arkansas
January, 2003 – Current
Develop and implement branding strategy to position the 3-station television network against
national and international competitors. Serve as the Creative Director for the network to oversee
the development and execution of video, web and print content for internal and external clients. Conceptualize and produce unique branded content to engage viewers and build VTN’s brand.
Planned, implemented and managed a capital campaign, from concept through completion, to raise funds for VTN to make the federally mandated transition from analog to digital broadcasting.
- Initiated and managed all aspects of a multi-year capital campaign which raised 4 million dollars without interrupting VTN’s annual donor-driven revenue stream.
Responsibilities included: working with ad agency to design campaign materials, writing solicitation materials, producing short form and long form programming, building a campaign website, writing and coordinating all donor correspondence, selection and presentation of campaign gifts.
- See complete details and portfolio for this project under the tab VTN-DTV.
Currently managing an archive project to digitally preserve and catalog currents assets, as well as 30 years of network history.
- Created and implemented an ingest workflow using existing in-house personnel, thereby eliminating the need for additional payroll or outsourcing expenses.
- Established metadata taxonomy for assets being loaded into Final Cut Server
- Oversee daily ingest of materials by 4 producers and 5 master control operators.
- Developed media management tasks for staff producers in order to properly manage a limited amount of digital storage space
- Offload assets to LTO4 and LTO5 tapes on a monthly basis, and maintain tape catalog
Provide oversight for VTN’s quarterly fundraising telethons responsible for producing 50% of the network’s revenue:
- Work as part of the Senior Management team to select and vet potential fundraising guests.
- Offer insight into daypart placement of fundraising programs based on audience response and fulfillment rates.
- Write, produce, shoot and edit viewer testimonials, program elements and graphics.
- Write monthly fundraising letters distributed to donors as needed.
Team Member of VTN’s Donor Relationship Development:
- Working with third party donor development firm to implement direct mail campaigns to grow donor base and increase donations
- Create monthly email campaigns, cultivate and update email database
- Build website landing pages for bi-monthly campaigns and product offers
- Produce TV programs and product offer videos
Spearheaded VTN’s website re-design:
- Worked with all stakeholders to balance wants/needs vs. existing personnel for site design and content
- Collaborated with a developer to build and design the site, evolving from html to WordPress.
- Provide oversight of content creation which includes graphics and video-on-demand elements
- Assist in the production of sharable video published to VTN’s website and social media sites
Led the purchase and implementation of non-linear editing systems twice over the course of 10 years:
- Researched computers, editing software and third party programs.
- Worked closely with an internal IT Department to establish timelines, manage expectations, then transition to new systems.
- Developed training schedules and procedures to seamlessly transition 6 producers from Avid to Final Cut Pro over the course of 30 days with no down time, and no disruption in production or program delivery.
Produced a season (21 episodes) of the weekly lifestyle program “Sentimental Living” with well known entrepreneur and Arkansan Alda Ellis:
- Oversaw a production crew of 3-5 people during the multiple on-location shoots required for each episode.
- Responsible for all editing, graphics, copywriting for voice over talent. Assisted with videography as needed.
Project lead for the re-design of VTN’s television studio:
- Led brainstorming sessions to assess wants and needs of all stakeholders.
- Created the project’s RFP by working closely with station management, producers, engineers, and production department.
- Responsible for researching and vetting 20 potential designers.
- Member of the Senior Management Team responsible for researching, vetting and recommending major capital expenditures such as HD equipment, television traffic software, digital production equipment and master control hardware/software.